Working with modalities where patients contribute to their own healing, the body is empowered to heal itself, and spiritual development occurs is my passion. My preference is to work with Bowen Therapy because, through this gentle technique, I can effect all levels - physical, emotional, mental, energetic and spiritual. Through making people pain free, healthier and happier, my patients then go on to influence others in a more positive way, increasing the quality of life of not only those I touch but the lives of so many more.
A Bishop once took my hands in his, looked deep into my eyes and said, "These hands will be doing God's work to uplift humanity. Be vigilant of evil forces, and may God bless and protect you." And so the journey began. Being initiated into Reiki in 1996 ignited my interest in healing and spiritual development. I have since studied Ignite Your Spirit in the Path of Ease and Grace workshops at the Harmony Centre with Kim Fraser which has given me an understanding of the anatomy of the energetic body. I was so very fortunate to learn Crystal Dreaming from Raym himself, learning to safely negotiate in the environments of other realms, and I am honoured to serve those who are seeking the Truth. With all that understanding of that which surrounds, us, then came Bowen Therapy.
My introduction to Bowen was through my horses, who enjoyed their treatments with Ian Ponder so much. I was inspired to learn Bowen by Ian, and began my training in 2007. Since then I have completed the following recognised Bowtech courses:
- Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy with Paul Toohey,
- The Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy with Ann Barker & Derrick Edmonds, and David Winter,
- Specialised Bowen Procedures 2 with Ossie & Elaine Rentsch twice, and once with Marg Spicer & Karen Hedrick,
- Equine Muscle Release Therapy with Ali Goward,
- currently studying Cat & Canine Muscle Release Therapy with Ali Goward.
Other Bowtech workshops I have attended include:
- Working With Neck Pain with Robyn Wood,
- Sports Bowen with Robyn Wood,
- Mind Body Bowen with Marg Spicer & Anne Schubert,
- Bowen Therapy For Sports Injuries with Michael Quinlivan & Karen Hedrick,
- The Core Connection with Desley Faulks,
- Tensegrity Medicine I and II with Kelly Clancy,
- Assessment, Palpation and Interoception with Michael Quinlivan & Karen Hedrick,
- Bowen Inside Out (online) with Christos Miliankos,
- The Pelvis (online) with Chris Reed,
- Pilates and Bowen with Michael Alcott and Geri Taylor,
- Shoulder Complex: A Structural and Functional Perspective (online) with Kristin North,
- Various Practitioner Days with Anne Schubert and Katrina Ridley.
Other Bowen related courses that I have completed outside Bowtech training include:
- Importance of Symmetry with Graham Pennington,
- Hormone Release The Bowen Way with Ron Phelan,
- McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release Technique with Alastair McLoughlin,
- Targeting Primary Dysfunction with Graham Pennington,
- The Art of Bodywork Parts 1 & 2 with Alastair McLoughlin,
- PASC - Cranial Considerations with Ron Phelan,
- Pelvis & Lumbar Spine with John Garfield.
- AMT Meridian Therapy with Jules Wilson.
Other courses I have completed or am currently studying are:
- Postural Alignment with the Egoscue Institute in America,
- Exercise Therapy with the Egoscue Institute in America,
- WEBB (Whole Energy Body Balance) with Dr Edward Bassingthwaite (currently studying)
- TBT (Tucker Biokinetic Technique) with the Tucker BioKinetic University in America (currently studying)
Originally from the Western Districts of Victoria, I moved to Dubbo in the late 1980's. My previous occupations include stationhand, rouseabout, receptionist, bookkeeper, office manager, business manager, accountants clerk and personal assistant. I began studying Bowen in 2007, and opened my clinic, A Bowen Clinic ... and other journeys, in Dubbo in September 2012.
My passions include my family, friends and animals, and my hobbies include horse riding, music, reading good books, gardening and travel. I live on 25 acres about 15 minutes out of Dubbo with my wonderful husband and beloved (but frustrated) business coach, David, some chooks and budgies and cockatiels, and our hungry horses, Max and Nugget. Between us David and I have three sons, the eldest is a car salesman in Newcastle, another is a Vet Cowra, and our baby is studying a sports coaching degree at Homebush, riding track-work at Rosehill.